Entry clearance is given for six months, during which time you will not be allowed to work.
You must show the following:
- you must plan to marry or register a civil partnership within six months of arrival in the UK (though in exceptional circumstances an extension of this time is possible)
- there must be a place for you to stay before your marriage / civil partnership (this can be with your prospective partner, or elsewhere)
- there must be sufficient funds for you to maintain yourself without working and without access to welfare provisions
Once you are married you can apply for leave to remain on that basis. This will be for an initial period of two years, after which you can apply for settlement.
There are no restrictions on working after you have been given the two year marriage visa.
Why Choose Us!
Harris and Green Solicitors have recently extended their services to include family law. Although we are family law solicitors in Leeds, we don’t just cover the Leeds area. Our family law clients are national and span the whole of the UK.
We provide tailor-made visa applications to the Home Office in the UK for further leave, indefinite leave, Discretionary leave and applications & representations to British Embassies around the world.
Our clients include SMEs, large corporations, high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, students, temporary workers, visitors, partners, EU nationals and many more from around the world.
Bespoke applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System. Business immigration, including those under Tier 2 General, Tier 2 ICT and for foreign companies wishing to set up a UK branch.
- 10 years lawful residence
- 20 years un-lawful residence
- Access to child visa
- All Visitors
- Breaks in the 10 years period
- British Citizenship
- British Citizenship Applications
- Business and Special Visitor
- Domestic Violence
- EEA Family Permit
- EEA Residence Card
- EU and EEA nationals
- Family Visitor
- Fixed Fee
- General Job Offer
- General Skilled
- General visitor
- Human Rights Application
- Medical Treatment
- Permanent Residence UK
- Spouse, Same Sex Spouse and Civil Partners
- Unmarried Partners
- Visiting the UK
- Worker Registration Scheme