The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.
To make a tier 2 general application a licensed sponsor is required, who will assign you with a certificate of sponsorship before you can apply to come to the UK to work.
When assigning your certificate, your sponsor will indicate whether they are assigning it because:
- the job has an annual salary of £150,000 or more; or
- the job is on the shortage occupation list; or
- your sponsor has completed a resident labour market test (or an exemption applies); or
- if you are already here under Tier 2 (General) and you are applying to extend your stay, you will be working for the same sponsor in the same job.
You should ask your sponsor to tell you the basis on which they assigned the certificate.
If your sponsor hasn’t got a license, an application for a sponsor license has to be made.
You need sufficient points to apply for leave to enter as a prospective Tier 2 General Applicant. To see whether you meet the requirements please use the points calculator.
Why Choose Us!
Harris and Green Solicitors have recently extended their services to include family law. Although we are family law solicitors in Leeds, we don’t just cover the Leeds area. Our family law clients are national and span the whole of the UK.
We provide tailor-made visa applications to the Home Office in the UK for further leave, indefinite leave, Discretionary leave and applications & representations to British Embassies around the world.
Our clients include SMEs, large corporations, high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, students, temporary workers, visitors, partners, EU nationals and many more from around the world.
Bespoke applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System. Business immigration, including those under Tier 2 General, Tier 2 ICT and for foreign companies wishing to set up a UK branch.
- 10 years lawful residence
- 20 years un-lawful residence
- Access to child visa
- All Visitors
- Breaks in the 10 years period
- British Citizenship
- British Citizenship Applications
- Business and Special Visitor
- Domestic Violence
- EEA Family Permit
- EEA Residence Card
- EU and EEA nationals
- Family Visitor
- Fixed Fee
- General Job Offer
- General Skilled
- General visitor
- Human Rights Application
- Medical Treatment
- Permanent Residence UK
- Spouse, Same Sex Spouse and Civil Partners
- Unmarried Partners
- Visiting the UK
- Worker Registration Scheme