EEA Family Visa permits

If you are a family member of an EEA national who is either already in the UK, or about to travel here, you can benefit from a European right of free movement.

If you are not yet in the UK, you will need to apply for an EEA Family Permit. This is valid for 6 months and entitles you to live in the UK with your European family member and take employment, run a business or study.

If you are already in the UK, you should read the section on EEA Residence Cards.

Your European family member must either be:

  • working in the UK;
  • operating a self-employed business;
  • studying at a UK institution;* or
  • economically self-sufficient, i.e. capable of living from their own financial resources and without recourse to public funds.

For more information, please contact us on 0113 2707002 where you can talk to one of our team, email us on

Why Choose Us!

Harris and Green Solicitors have recently extended their services to include family law. Although we are family law solicitors in Leeds, we don’t just cover the Leeds area. Our family law clients are national and span the whole of the UK.

Expert Solicitor

We provide tailor-made visa applications to the Home Office in the UK for further leave, indefinite leave, Discretionary leave and applications & representations to British Embassies around the world.

Unrivalled Service

For further information on how we can assist you and your family come to the UK, please do not hesitate to contact our qualified UK immigration Solicitors on +44(0)113 270 7002 or e-mail us at

Fast Support

Our clients include SMEs, large corporations, high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, students, temporary workers, visitors, partners, EU nationals and many more from around the world.


Bespoke applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System. Business immigration, including those under Tier 2 General, Tier 2 ICT and for foreign companies wishing to set up a UK branch.

    Get A Free Consultation