Someone who has lived in the United Kingdom for a period of 20 years may apply for indefinite leave to remain even though his or her presence in the United Kingdom during this time has been unlawful. Unless one of the following applies, indefinite leave to remain will normally be granted:
- The 20 years period has been broken (see below)
- There are public interest reasons to refuse the application (see below)
- The individual fails to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English language and of life in the UK.
Simply contact us today on 0113 270 7002 or email us to book a free consultation.
Why Choose Us!
Harris and Green Solicitors have recently extended their services to include family law. Although we are family law solicitors in Leeds, we don’t just cover the Leeds area. Our family law clients are national and span the whole of the UK.
We provide tailor-made visa applications to the Home Office in the UK for further leave, indefinite leave, Discretionary leave and applications & representations to British Embassies around the world.
Our clients include SMEs, large corporations, high net-worth individuals, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, students, temporary workers, visitors, partners, EU nationals and many more from around the world.
Bespoke applications for Tier 1 Entrepreneurs and Investors under Tier 1 of the Points Based System. Business immigration, including those under Tier 2 General, Tier 2 ICT and for foreign companies wishing to set up a UK branch.
- 10 years lawful residence
- 20 years un-lawful residence
- Access to child visa
- All Visitors
- Breaks in the 10 years period
- British Citizenship
- British Citizenship Applications
- Business and Special Visitor
- Domestic Violence
- EEA Family Permit
- EEA Residence Card
- EU and EEA nationals
- Family Visitor
- Fixed Fee
- General Job Offer
- General Skilled
- General visitor
- Human Rights Application
- Medical Treatment
- Permanent Residence UK
- Spouse, Same Sex Spouse and Civil Partners
- Unmarried Partners
- Visiting the UK
- Worker Registration Scheme